Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend Fun

So Jonah and I had a very fun weekend for the most part. The highlight was definitely going to Lagoon! His friend Justin got half off coupons from his work and asked if we wanted to go. So we all headed up to Lagoon. And man it was packed!!!! And does anyone want to know why? There was some sort of gay convention at Lagoon that day. Lol. I don't have anything against gays...in fact the gay people I do know are some of the nicest and caring people I have ever met. But I will say that there were some awkward moments. For instance, we were waiting in line for the log flume ride and there was a big group ahead of us. Lo and behold there were two girls full on making out right in front of us. Now that made me a little uncomfortable. I'm fine with it as long as I don't have to see it. Lol....So that was a long half hour wait. lol but aside from that we all had a lot of fun at Lagoon. I was really excited to go. Sunday made for something interesting too. For the first little while, we were the only adults in the nursery. Luckily they got us reinforcements. That nursery can be tough. We have been in it for almost 4 months now. I am ready to be done with it and be able to go to my normal classes.
We also had my friend Amanda come visit! She now lives in Salt Lake and I guess she must have been bored or something cause she wanted to come down for a visit. She brought down a pizza and we all played some really fun games. It was a lot of fun hanging out with her.

4 comments:

TaMerra said...

I am glad you had a great weekend. Hope to see you next week.

ileen said...

You really can have some strange experiences. I"m glad it was fun. We haven't been to Lagoon since the time we went when we were at Bear Lake. I think Ashlyn was just a toddler. Have a great day. Love ya

Tammy said...

Hahaha!!! That sounds like my luck with Lagoon. I'm the same way. I think people can judge for themselves when it comes to be being gay, but I don't make out with my husband in front of them, why do I have to see them do it? Glad you had fun anyway! Just think, at least your not in our nursery with 85 kids ;)

Wynter said...

Im glad we didnt go on gay day to Lagoon, haha thats funny!
I loved nursery, I was in it for over 2 yrs and then they moved me with them to the sunbeams! I get you though its hard work, but I guess there is a calling for everyone ;)