Monday, January 18, 2010

St George Get Away

Jonah and I went down to St George this past weekend to get away from this cold weather and snow. Man was it a nice break. It was so warm down there compared to here. We did not get there til about midnight on Friday so it was a late drive. On Saturday, my dad took Jonah out for a ride on their new ATV!!! He had a blast. My mom and I went shopping and taught me how to make some good whole wheat bread. It was so much fun and pretty good if I do say so myself. When we were done with that, my dad took me out for a ride on the ATV. I had so much fun. I can't wait til we can go down there and spend a day just riding around. When we got back we decided to go to a movie. We went to see 2012. Its just another end of the world movie where they escape EVERY obstacle by the skin of their teeth. Kind of dumb but the graphics were good. And it was 3 hours long. A little to excessive for me. We left the theater and I realized that I had left my purse there. I was freaking out. We hurried back to get it and luckily it was still there and had all my cards and cash left in it. Thank goodness for the honest people that found it. We then went home and played Five Crowns and called it a night. My mom also gave me our wedding afghan from my Grandma Chris. It is so pretty. My grandma has not been doing to well lately so she was not able to finish it. But I have a great Aunt and cousin that came for a visit and finished it for me. I was so surprised and thankful! Thanks Chandra and Linda. It really means a lot to finally have it.
We went to church the next morning and it was good. We really like this one Sunday school class in my parents ward. Its taught by a really neat lady. Its a marriage family relations class, but the fun part about it is she is a therapist and she has a lot of professional input. She makes the class very interesting. After church we went back to my parents with Darcee and her kids. We can tell that little Jeramiah is a two year old. He has some lungs on him and would scream and cry every few minutes if he did not get something he wanted. Alijah is getting so big. He just turned four this week and he is such a sweetheart. While my mom was making lunch he kept saying "Grandma I wanna help you!" He was so cute. And Kayleeya is getting more grown up every time I see her. I can't believe that she is going to be nine in May. I remember spending almost everyday with her when she was younger. I can't believe how grown up she is.
Well the time came to soon when we had to leave. We headed up to Cedar City to pick up our dogs from My sisters. She said that somehow Reign kept getting out of their fence. When we got there we found that he was out of the fence and across Main Street which is a couple streets down from where my sister lives. I couldn't believe it. But he kept getting out all weekend. I felt bad but I am glad that my sister was willing to watch them so we could go down there. We stayed and chatted with her for a while and we got to see Aspen and Colten. They are still as cute as ever and they are also growing like weeds.
It was nice to get home and be in our own house and sleep in our own bed. But I can't wait til we go back down for the Parade of Homes. Thanks to my family for making it a great trip.
P.S. We did not get to see Justyn and Alisa this trip around. From what I hear they are still trying to get moved into their new house. But hopefully we will be able to see them next time around

2 comments:

ileen said...

You are such a sweetie! You write really well and can express your thoughts so eloquently. You forgot to tell everyone about your new job. It is always fun to have you guys visit. You are always welcome. Love ya.

TaMerra said...

Thanks for including me this time :)