Monday, November 10, 2008

Camping

So we were able to go camping this weekend. We had a rough start. The place that we had picked out only a week before hand was covered in snow when we went up there and the road was blocked. so we spent the next hour trying to find another spot. Once we did it was around nine. We set up our tents and built a fire. We had six people there. Me, Jonah, Jared, Olivia, Justin and Chelsey. The first night, Jared, Olivia, Jonah and I sat by the fire for a few hours before we went to bed. Justin and Chelsey went straight to bed. The next morning we woke to find out that Justin and Chelsey were leaving. They said that it was to cold for them the night before and they ended up sleeping in the car. Apparently they did not listen to us when we said that it was going to be very very cold at night. So that left just the four of us! I didn't complain at all. Sut anyways....the first half of the first night I was so cold. I ended up waking Jonah up cause I was shivering so bad. He made me switch sleeping bags with him. He also had Reign, (our dog) come sleep in the middle of us. That helped out a lot. I slept fine after that. we had four sleeping bags and a blanket on top of us. The next day we all spent the majority of the day gathering fire wood, playing card games and sitting around the fire. We had a blast just relaxing. It was so nice to get away for a while. We got to know Jared and Olivia a lot better and so that made it that much better. We all made smores before we wnt to bed that night. The second night i slept a lot warmer. Jared and Olivia gave us some hand warmers and so I stuck those in my sleeping bag. That kept me toasty warm all night long.. I can't wait til we can go on another trip with them. They are very good friends of ours. I am so grateful to have them as a part of our lives. They are so gracious and selfless. They are amazing people and if you dont know them....your missing out. Lol.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I've never slept so close to my husband then when we're camping and it's freezing. I love it. Dogs help out a lot too. We have the three of ours snuggle up close. Glad you had fun. Good thing you didn't have little kids running around cause it might have been a little cold for them.

Wynter said...

ha, you are a lot tougher than I would be. I would have gone home too. I love camping, but only when its warm. =)